Making a Spool Santa Ornament
This fun little homemade ornament was made by using items and scraps in my sewing box. Happy Holidays!
Total Time: 30 minutes
Yield: 1 ornament
- 1 spool of red thread
- piece of cotton
- thick black string (I used elastic)
- 1 medium large black bead
- scrap of red fabric cut in a triangle
- Rip off some cotton and glue as trim to one end of the spool's edge.
- Fold black string in half and push through middle of spool.
- Push string through black bead (on the side with two loose ends, not the other side with the loop).
- Tie both ends of the string with a loose knot to make the appearance of Santa's shoes.
- To make Santa's hat, fold the red triangular fabric in half and sew up the open side. Turn inside out.
- Glue on a small ball of cotton at the top of the triangle.
- To make Santa's head glue a thin strip of rolled cotton to the inside of the hat by adding a glue line all the way around the lower inside edge.
- Glue cotton trim all around the base of the hat. Glue head to spool body.
CommentsRead More Comments
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2020 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.