Creating a Trio of Bells Christmas Card
Celebrate the festive season with a DIY card featuring a trio of bells. The bells are symbolic of the joy we celebrate during Christmas. The colors of the card can easily be adjusted, and can even be made in the traditional Christmas colors.
Total Time: 20 minutes
Yield: one Christmas card
- 5.6 x 8.2 in light purple marbled cardstock
- 5.4 x 3.7 in purple colored handmade tissue paper
- A5 light purple cardstock
- purple embroidery floss
- 8-10 small self-adhesive 3D foam squares
- Giotto décor bronze and magenta opaque metal pens
- Pilot extra fine white marker pen
- Artline 210 Fineliner black pen
- Rolkem gold dusting powder
- small star-shaped stamp
- 1.4 inch high bell cookie cutter
- quick-drying craft glue (such as Bostik Clear)
- standard scissors
- semi-circular needle
- soft paintbrush
- Score the light purple marbled cardstock to create a card sized 5.6" x 4.1".
- Add additional detail to the purple colored handmade tissue paper. Use the bronze pen to color the stamp, put it on the paper and press down. Repeat to add random stars to the paper. Then, add some squiggles, broken lines and dots with the white, magenta and black pens.
- With the fold at the top, centre and glue the handmade paper to the front of the card.
- Use the bell cookie cutter and the pencil to trace three bells on to the light purple cardstock, and cut the bells out. Use the Giotto bronze pen to add detail to each cardstock bell.
- Use the semi-circular needle to thread a piece of embroidery floss through the top of each bell. Make a nice bow with each piece of floss and cut the ends shorter to make the bow neat.
- Add the bells to the front of the card. Use glue for the bells on the left and right, and use self-adhesive 3D foam squares to affix the bell in the middle.
- Use the paintbrush and the gold dusting powder to add a gold shimmer to some areas on the card.
CommentsRead More Comments
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2020 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.